Best Lawyers USA/UK: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Hassan Khan was ranked as a leading UK contentious tax/fraud lawyer
Chambers and Partners UK: 2015 UK-wide, Tax: Contentious: Fraud, Band 2
- ‘Hassan Khan of The Khan Partnership LLP has impressed his clients, who report that “he exercises the highest degree of judgment” and “is thoughtful and thorough.” Peers highlight his prominence for advice on MTIC fraud.
- 2014 One interviewee relates: “He is one of the brightest men I’ve ever come across.”
- 2010 “A real self-starter with unbridled energy and enthusiasm.”
- 2009 The firm is known for “undertaking extremely hard work for clients under difficult circumstances.”
Legal 500: 2015 Customs and Excise – Ranked Tier 2
- Highlights for The Khan Partnership LLP include advising clothing supplier Visage in an origin of goods dispute with HMRC, and representing Unifruit Group in a challenge to customs tariff classifications relating to garlic.
- Michelle Sloane is ‘reactive and committed’ and Hassan Khan heads the practice.
- 2014 Customs and Excise – Ranked Tier 2, The Khan Partnership LLP is advising Unifruit Group on multiple disputes with HMRC including classification and country of origin issues, and is acting for warehouse operator London City Bond on an excise duty dispute with another warehouse. Hassan Khan and Michelle Sloane are recommended.
- 2013 The Khan Partnership LLP is a ‘very efficient litigation firm’ with ‘considerable experience in the field.’ Hassan Khan and Michelle Sloane are ‘very knowledgeable’ and ‘demonstrate sound judgment’. They handled one of the few excise evasion prosecutions of 2012 and are also acting in a dispute with HMRC for broker Customs duty Clearance Limited.
- 2012, Customs and Excise – Ranked Tier 3
- 2011, Customs and Excise – Ranked Tier 3
- Nominated for Firm (Specialism) of the Year 2014 at the UK Legal 500 awards for Customs and Excise
- Corporate INTL Global Awards 2014 – Winner of 2014 Boutique: Tax Litigation Law Firm of the Year in England
- Corporate INTL Legal Awards 2013 – Winner of 2013 Boutique: Tax Litigation Law Firm of the Year in England
- Lloyds TSB Jewel Awards 2008 -- Hassan Khan awarded Professional Excellence – Professional of the Year. Awards endorsed by then UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown.